We’re all different. It’s what makes the world go round!
Life would be a bit boring if we were all the same. But it’s important to understand that because we’re all so diverse we bring our own set of skills and respond differently to situations in life.
Most people have heard of Myers Briggs. The Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) was introduced in the 1940’s. Whilst it was ground-breaking at the time, it only places people into one of 16 groups. It is also more of a psychological profile rather than looking at personality or behaviour.
The DISC model can, in theory, give 20,000 potential results. Although in practise 99% of the population will fit into one of 384 combinations.
- As a manager how useful would it be to understand how best to manage or motivate each member of your team?
- When recruiting how important is it to ensure you’re not making a costly and time consuming mistake by employing someone not suited to the role?
- What would happen to your sales figures if you understood the strengths and development areas of your team AND the best way of selling to your diverse range of clients?
In the business world it is essential to understand what makes you, your team and your clients tick.
Another benefit of the DISC model over Myers Briggs is that it gives you 2 scores. One for the your natural style (i.e. the ‘real’ you), and another for your adapted style. Your adapted style is how you behave at work for example. With these results it is possible to identify which specific areas may be causing stress in the workplace.
It is easy to identify and understand different behavioural styles including your own. This enables us to recognise and cognitively adapt to different styles, and develop a process to communicate more effectively with others.
“These reports are fantastic, bang for buck they’re one of the best investments I’ve made in the business”
- Management – Understanding your team members and how to manage them individually brings huge benefits.
- Recruitment – Profiling your final candidates you will add another layer that will potentially save you thousands of pounds.
- Sales – Learning what makes your prospects tick and what they will respond to during your sales process will result in higher conversions.
- Understanding yourself – We all have our own ways, when you understand yourself things become clearer – you’re not odd…..you’re just you!
Benefit from an additional consultation:
In addition to receiving the Personality Profile I also recommend a 30 minute phone consultation. During this session we will ensure you fully understand the profile and also discuss the ‘real life’ implications of the results.